Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I admit I don't feed as much bird bread as many people I know seem to. Not because I don't like it, but I just can't seem to keep the freezer stocked with it. My birds do get other baked-type goodies, though, so don't worry about them missing out! :)

This batch of bread turned out so beautifully, I may try to keep making this so we can always have some in the freezer. I started with a natural cornbread mix from the health food store. I mixed in egg, water, canned pumpkin, frozen corn, chopped fresh parsley and blueberries, and red palm oil.


All three of my "bigger" birds LOVED it!



I mixed some in with Violet the cockatiel's special seed mix for dinner, I'm hoping she might accidentally eat some and like it......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan, I love your blog. I enjoy to read you are as nuts as me about food for your birds LOL.
    And your birds looks so pretty!!!!
    I will make a link to your site, zo people can visit it and get some great ideas for some great birdie-snacks!

    ReplyDelete